Veneers – San Antonio, TX
The Smile-Transforming Solution You’ve Been Looking For
Sometimes, patients visit us to address one dental imperfection, like dental discoloration. But what if you’re struggling with stubborn stains as well as chips, cracks, gaps, and the like? In that case, First Fit Veneers may be the solution you’ve been looking for! With this popular cosmetic dentistry service, we can conceal a wide range of dental flaws in as little as two appointments. Want to learn more? Then keep reading or schedule a consultation with our San Antonio cosmetic dentist, Dr. Pham.
Why Choose Crownridge Dental and Orthodontics for Veneers?
- Top-Rated Dental Office on Google
- Recognized as One of America’s Top Dentists by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Flexible Financing Available
What Are Dental Veneers?
In short, veneers are ultra-thin shells of tooth-colored materials, like porcelain, that are custom-made to fit perfectly over the front-facing surface of your teeth. Since the size, shape, and shade of each one is personalized to your specific smile goals, we can use this cosmetic dental service to address everything from small gaps and cracks to significant chips and discoloration!
The Process of Getting Veneers
The process of getting veneers is broken up into several steps, and the first is your consultation! At this appointment, Dr. Pham will learn all about your dental history, your existing concerns with your smile, and your aesthetic goals. From there, he can determine if you’re a good candidate for veneers.
If veneers are the best smile-enhancing treatment for you, then Dr. Pham will get to work on creating your custom treatment plan, helping you decide the perfect size, shape, and shade of each one in the process. Then, he will carefully remove a sliver of your enamel before taking impressions of your teeth for the dental lab. While your permanent veneers are being made, you’ll wear a temporary set so you can “test drive” your new smile!
At your final appointment, Dr. Pham will carefully remove your temporary veneers and bond your permanent ones securely in place. Then, he will make any minor changes that are necessary, polish your teeth, and give you some helpful tips on how to keep your new and improved smile in pristine condition throughout the years!
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers continue to be so popular because they:
- Look and feel natural
- Are easy to maintain
- Take as little as three visits to place
- Are stain-resistant
- Can last for 10+ years with proper care
- Are custom-made for each patient
If you are interested in learning more about veneers – from the treatment process to how they compare to other cosmetic dental treatments – don’t hesitate to reach out to our San Antonio dental team!
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Want to learn more about the cost of veneers? Good news: we can help! If you want a specific estimate of the price, then we recommend calling our San Antonio dental team to schedule a consultation. If, however, you simply want to learn more general information – like how the price compares to other cosmetic dental treatments – then read on.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
At first, veneers may not seem like a great investment since they require a higher upfront investment. Once you compare them to other smile-enhancing services, you’ll see why they may end up being the best choice for your smile and wallet in the long run!
- Braces – Traditional braces and Candid® clear aligners can certainly improve the position of your teeth, but they can’t improve the shape, shade, or size. So, if you’d also like to address a noticeable chip or stubborn stains, then you may want to invest in veneers instead.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is typically midrange in terms of cost, and it’s significantly better than OTC options because of the potent bleaching gels and custom trays. If you are struggling with permanent stains, however, then veneers may be best.
- Dental Bonding – This cosmetic dental treatment is typically the most affordable. Although there are other benefits, like the fact that it can be completed in a single appointment, the results don’t last anywhere near as long as veneers.
- Veneers – As we touched on above, veneers are typically more expensive. However, the benefits outweigh the cost, especially since they can fix multiple imperfections at once and they can last for well over a decade with proper care.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
At Crownridge Dental and Orthodontics, we offer our patients three financial solutions:
- Our in-house savings plan – In addition to enjoying significant savings on preventive care, you get access to additional benefits when you sign up, including 20% to 30% off procedures completed at our practice.
- Flexible financing – We’re proud to welcome multiple third-party financiers, including CareCredit, Sunbit, and Lending Club. As a result, the cost of cosmetic dentistry can fit into nearly every budget!
- Special offers – Our promotions can help reduce your out-of-pocket expenses significantly. So, don’t hesitate to ask our team about our latest specials!
Veneers in San Antonio can create the smile of your dreams; however, they are a big investment. It’s normal to have a few concerns before you’re ready to commit to them. Dr. Christian A. Pham will explain everything during your consultation for veneers. You can also contact his office to speak with a member of his dental team or take a look below at the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers are meant to provide long-lasting results, but they aren’t permanent. Veneers need to be replaced about every 10 years. The procedure isn’t reversible because Dr. Pham must remove a small amount of enamel to ensure your restorations are flush with your teeth. Although this doesn’t harm your pearly whites, your enamel won’t grow back if your veneers are removed. They’ll be vulnerable to bacteria, sensitivity, and other issues without the protection of restorations, whether veneers or crowns.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
A veneer can be applied to a single tooth to enhance its color, size, and shape. However, the overall goal of the procedure is to transform your smile as a whole. Therefore, your cosmetic dentist in San Antonio, Dr. Pham, will recommend bonding them to the teeth that show when you smile to ensure seamless results. Every mouth differs, so there’s no way to know how many you’ll need without first examining your smile. Some patients only need 4 or 6, while others can require 8 or more.
Do Veneers Feel Natural?
Modern veneers are made of porcelain, making them thinner than ever before. They won’t feel heavy or bulky on your teeth. Etching the surfaces of your teeth allows veneers to fit each tooth like a glove. You won’t have to worry about any ridges or ledges. Your teeth will feel smooth and sleek when running your tongue over them. Although it may take a few days to adjust to wearing veneers, in no time at all, you may soon forget they aren’t part of your natural teeth.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
The average lifespan of a veneer is about 10 years; however, it’s not uncommon for them to last for a decade or longer. Many factors will affect the life expectancy for your new smile, like your oral hygiene and lifestyle habits. You can get the most from your investment by using non-abrasive dental products to brush your teeth twice daily and floss every day. Break any bad habits that can damage your restorations, like chewing on your fingernails or using your teeth in place of scissors. Visit your dentist every 6 months for a cleaning and checkup to ensure your picture-perfect smile lasts for years.
Can I Use My Dental Insurance for Veneers?
Dental insurance rarely covers elective services, like veneers, unless they are medically necessary. Your insurance benefits may partially cover some of the expenses for your consultation, diagnostic services, or preparatory procedures. Besides using your dental benefits, Dr. Pham offers various financial solutions to keep a stunning smile within everyone’s budget, like a monthly payment plan.